I originally trained in Psychology in the early 1990’s gaining a Bachelor’s degree and then completed my postgraduate training in counselling, specifically specialising in family therapy and child and adolescent mental health. After graduating I started as a Family Social Worker in the rural Central Otago area and have worked in the child and family sector for the past 20 years.
I am a full member of the NZ Association of Counsellors (NZAC) and specialise in abuse, trauma, family violence, children and adolescents, parenting and family work.
I have an ACC Sensitive Claims registration and therefore I am approved to work with children, youth and adults within this framework. New clients can register directly with me for their Treatment Provision. My Provider number is PAK318.
Over my career I have:
- Worked with Rape Crisis and Domestic Violence / refuge services and was integral in the early development of these services in Queenstown, both as a volunteer crisis worker and employed as Service Coordinator, trainer and supervisor.
- Worked extensively in the NGO non-profit sector developing social services in Queenstown.
- Been involved in the early development of what is now called Jigsaw Central Lakes.
- Worked for some years in the Community Mental Health Service as a family therapist in the Child, Adolescent and Family Unit.
- Co-founded the Queenstown Lakes Family Centre, a free counselling and social work service for children, adolescents and their families. During my eight years at the Family Centre I worked as Clinical Manager and later General Manager as well as sitting on the Board of Trustees.
- In 2011, I moved with my family to Perth, Western Australian and worked at Youth Focus, during this time I co-presented a paper on families and youth suicide prevention at the 2013 Australian Suicide Prevention Conference.
I returned home to Wanaka in 2014 with my family and resumed my private practice in Wanaka, Cromwell and Alexandra. I am currently a Trustee on the Board of Community Networks, and consult to non-profit organisations around policy, systems and funding.